About Me

My photo
I love art! I am a self-taught artist living in Maryland. I am one of the many artists who spent a childhood doing art and then it got pushed to the back burner as life took over. I am not happy when my art is on the back burner! Things have changed! I am extremely happy to say that as of this writing January 2016, I am a full-time artist. I am living my dream! I work mostly in pastels and colored pencil, but also plan to revisit some of my old favorites -- charcoal and ink. Maybe I'll even combine some of my favorite mediums or try some new ones. I've got big plans! I hope that you'll follow along on my art adventure!

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Carole's Bike

Just a few days later, it's me again!  This was one of those I finished just recently.  This was done with my sister, Carole, in mind.  She has been after me for some time to complete a third "red transportation" piece.  She has copies of "Old Red" the truck and "Red Boat" and kept telling me I had to do a third red transportion piece to complete a trifecta.  Well, in my sister's honor, I present "Carole's Bike".  This was done in colored pencil on Pastelmat.  It is approximately 7 x 7.  I really liked using colored pencil on this surface.  I was able to layer endlessly and it gives the appearance of pastel with the ease of using my colored pencils!  The color of the Pastelmat was a dark charcoal (they call it anthracite) and it really seemed to make the colors pop; however, a little more difficult to scan according to my scanning and giclee pro, Amy!  Anyway, here it is . . .  . .

 
"Carole's Bike"
 
Carole likes to have prints not originals, so this piece will be available in my usual spots.  Stay tuned, I'll actually be posting something again tomorrow.  Woo-hoo, two days in a row!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment