About Me

My photo
I love art! I am a self-taught artist living in Maryland. I am one of the many artists who spent a childhood doing art and then it got pushed to the back burner as life took over. I am not happy when my art is on the back burner! Things have changed! I am extremely happy to say that as of this writing January 2016, I am a full-time artist. I am living my dream! I work mostly in pastels and colored pencil, but also plan to revisit some of my old favorites -- charcoal and ink. Maybe I'll even combine some of my favorite mediums or try some new ones. I've got big plans! I hope that you'll follow along on my art adventure!

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Meet Lexie!

Yep, a Springer Spaniel this time.  This one is a return to my roots of sorts.  Used to do a lot of dogs and cats when I was younger in charcoal and pencil.  Saw a picture of this lovely dog in the reference image library on Wetcanvas.com and she just begged me to do her picture!  This one is 100% colored pencil on 8x10 hot-pressed Fabriano Artistico paper.  My daughter says she reminds her of her friend's dog Lexie, so Lexie she is.  I had soo much fun doing this one (but I always say that!).  Maybe some more dogs and cats in my future?  Just signed her and she's off to be scanned.  Look for her soon (with a much clearer picture) in my favorite spots! 


No comments:

Post a Comment