About Me

My photo
I love art! I am a self-taught artist living in Maryland. I am one of the many artists who spent a childhood doing art and then it got pushed to the back burner as life took over. I am not happy when my art is on the back burner! Things have changed! I am extremely happy to say that as of this writing January 2016, I am a full-time artist. I am living my dream! I work mostly in pastels and colored pencil, but also plan to revisit some of my old favorites -- charcoal and ink. Maybe I'll even combine some of my favorite mediums or try some new ones. I've got big plans! I hope that you'll follow along on my art adventure!

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New work by Jan 2, 2013 -- I made my deadline!!!


Straight off the "drawing board", so to speak, an 11 x 14 pastel.  This picture was in the works forever!  I've had the picture of the cow forever and had long ago decided that it needed a bird perched on it's horn.   The title, the sketch and some color blocking sat unfinished for a very long time.  Recently, a wonderful pastel artist by the name of Rita Kirkman posted her artwork that was of a longhorn with a bird perched atop its horn.  It was time to finish mine!  I present "No Tree Necessary" - my first work for 2013!  It's off to my wonderful scan and giclee pro, Amy, tomorrow and will be posted and available for sale in my usual spots shortly thereafter!

No comments:

Post a Comment