About Me

My photo
I love art! I am a self-taught artist living in Maryland. I am one of the many artists who spent a childhood doing art and then it got pushed to the back burner as life took over. I am not happy when my art is on the back burner! Things have changed! I am extremely happy to say that as of this writing January 2016, I am a full-time artist. I am living my dream! I work mostly in pastels and colored pencil, but also plan to revisit some of my old favorites -- charcoal and ink. Maybe I'll even combine some of my favorite mediums or try some new ones. I've got big plans! I hope that you'll follow along on my art adventure!

Saturday, January 16, 2016

New work - Laundry Day

Nothing like painting a warm, sunny day in the middle of January.  I wish I had done this bigger.  There is more that I would have done with it, but the 8 x 8 size limited me just a bit.  I think I will definitely give this one another try larger just to add a few things and change a few things.  Overall, I'm pleased with it.  It went through quite a few changes along the way.  I started out with colored pencil and basically completed the piece that way.  I felt like it was a bit washed out and added some selectve areas of Pan Pastels on top to brighten things up a bit.  Still wasn't quite happy so then I got the soft pastels out and finished her off.  What started as a colored pencil piece is now totally buried under pastels.  There are a few pix of this process further below.  Yup, that Ampersand Pasteboard will take whatever you give it!  Available at Daily Paintworks.



Laundry Day - $60
8 x 10 - pastel on Pastelbord


My initial sketch on board with white charcoal pencil:




Mostly just one layer of color  all over, a few with two:


Embellished with just a little bit of Pan Pastels over the colored pencil:



Calling it done!


No comments:

Post a Comment