About Me

My photo
I love art! I am a self-taught artist living in Maryland. I am one of the many artists who spent a childhood doing art and then it got pushed to the back burner as life took over. I am not happy when my art is on the back burner! Things have changed! I am extremely happy to say that as of this writing January 2016, I am a full-time artist. I am living my dream! I work mostly in pastels and colored pencil, but also plan to revisit some of my old favorites -- charcoal and ink. Maybe I'll even combine some of my favorite mediums or try some new ones. I've got big plans! I hope that you'll follow along on my art adventure!

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Where Flowers Grow

This piece is 8 x 10 and was done in pastels (actually Pan Pastels and pastel pencils) on Ampersand Pastelbord.  I started with a rather dreary picture of an abandoned house with gray skies and overgrown fields.  I originally planned to do it much like in the reference.  However, before I knew it, the old abandoned house was surrounded by overgrown fields and flowers with blue skies overhead!  First rule in art -- make it your own!!!

(Currently being auctioned at dailypaintworks.com)


Where Flowers Grow

Starting bid $45





No comments:

Post a Comment