About Me

My photo
I love art! I am a self-taught artist living in Maryland. I am one of the many artists who spent a childhood doing art and then it got pushed to the back burner as life took over. I am not happy when my art is on the back burner! Things have changed! I am extremely happy to say that as of this writing January 2016, I am a full-time artist. I am living my dream! I work mostly in pastels and colored pencil, but also plan to revisit some of my old favorites -- charcoal and ink. Maybe I'll even combine some of my favorite mediums or try some new ones. I've got big plans! I hope that you'll follow along on my art adventure!

Saturday, January 2, 2016

Happy New Year 2016!

Wow, last post was May 2013.  I am happy to announce that this blog will be alive and kicking going forward.  Over the last several weeks, I have made the transition to full-time artist!  My husband had originally, a few years ago, dubbed my art venture and my store on Etsy "23HourStudio", as we had figured out that with very careful planning, after work and everything else, I should be able to find 23 hours a week for my art.   Well, let's just say that was very wishful thinking.  While I have put my Etsy shop on hold since I found other avenues that are working better for me,  I thought I would change the name of my blog, but decided the name still fits.  Now, I can work 23 hours a DAY if I want!  You artists out there know what it's like when a piece is working so well and you just don't want to stop!

Anyway, I'm glad you found this blog and very sorry if you visited an inactive one in the past.  I will be doing my best to post several times a week.  My work can also be found on Vangoart, Daily Paintworks and Fineartamerica.  If you're in Maryland, my artwork can be seen at my booth at Sammy Girl Crafts at theTownMall in Westminster.  Next post soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment